We recently ate an amazing Sunday Dinner at my Mom’s, and then she treated us to tea and an old-fashioned recipe from our past… Jordan Marsh Blueberry Muffins. I grew up enjoying these muffins, so I indulged in a huge muffin (a little gluten-cheat treat for me on this particular day, I couldn’t pass it up!) This recipe has been shared and published for many years. We also recently enjoyed them at a small bakery countertop located at Jordan’s Furniture in Avon, MA .
Jordan Marsh Blueberry Muffins (Recipe compliments of Jordan Marsh)
Ingredients: 1/2 cups softened butter, 1 1/4 cups sugar plus 3 tsp sugar, 2 eggs, 1 tsp vanilla, 2 cups flour, 1/2 salt, 2 tsp baking powder, 1/2 cup milk, 2 cups blueberry (washed and drained),
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line muffin pan with liners.
- Cream butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time.
- Beat in the baking powder, salt, and vanilla.
- Add the flour alternately with the milk, beating gently. Scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl.
- Mash 1/2 cup of the blueberries. Add the mashed and whole berries to the batter, stirring just to combine and distribute.
- Scoop the batter into muffin pan.
- Sprinkle extra sugar on each muffin.
- Bake the muffins for about 20-30 minutes, until light golden brown on top.
Here’s a photo from my mom’s recipe book collection.